Over 2016 I have been posting my ‘top 10 authors’ at the end of each month. It made sense that I should pull these posts together so it is easy to find these as my metadata filter isn’t great at the moment.
Some of these authors are my go-to-authors where I know that any book I pick up I am going to enjoy, while others are here just because they wrote one book that inspired me so much that no matter what else they write I will always be grateful to them for the book I fell in love with. And some rare authors are here for both reasons.
I haven’t put them in a specific order because I think mood and where you are in life really changes your perspective on ‘favourites’ so instead this is just in the order in which I posted them…
- Eoin Colfer – mainly young adult, mainly humorous, always enjoyable.
- Stephen King/Richard Bachman – adult, often horror, often weird, I love his Bachman Books.
- Robert J Sawyer – adult, science fiction, often plays with evolutionary theory.
- Lois Duncan – mainly young adult, mainly paranormal fiction.
- Kristin Cashore – young adult fantasy.
- Jasper Fforde – adult and young adult, spec fiction, amazingly creative writer.
- Robin Hobb – adult fantasy (as in epic, not saucy).
- Markus Zusak – adult and young adult fiction.
- Jennifer Fallon – adult fantasy (again, epic, not saucy).
- Michael Crichton – adult spec fic with a very science-y bent.